Wednesday 27 February 2008

Duchy of Varsaw

























After reviewing some samples from Baccus, I hesitated quite a bit as to what army I wanted to build. Some of the possibilities were:
  • Bavarians
  • 1806 Prussians
  • Polish troops
These figures are among the latest releases from Baccus miniatures and the sculpt has improved again over the already excellent samples that I had received in the past.

I liked all the samples, but since I wanted to make something a bit different and still "close enough" to the French, I thought that the Polish would make an acceptable proxy. I haven't checked whether it is fully historical but Robert and I agreed that we still can have fun, paint beautiful units in Grande Armee style even though we won't be accurate to the last button.

So here they are... I place the order on the 12th of February and they come all the way to Tokyo, arriving the 26th. Cost was 25 GBP including postage (4.5 GBP).
  • 1 x booster pack of Polish infantry (288 figs)
  • 1 x pack of Polish elite infantry (48 figs)
  • 1 x pack of French commanders (quite nice but will probably use Adler figures instead as the horse are a tiny bit small)
  • 1 x pack of Polish skirmishers (48 figs)
So all this should keep me busy while the Austrians are still making plans in their virtual world of a past century... :-)

No comments: