Sunday 27 April 2008

basing infantry (one step further)

Line infantry

Light infantry


For the sake of change, the uniforms of the first regiment on the left are all white



So all my infantry is done, however I figured out that 2 flags a base look better than only one flag, therefore I found myself in the need of twelve more command strips, 48 figures to paint. So for the moment, I can have only 6 complete bases, mostly light infantry as it seems.

Adler infantry is exquisite however it is a catastrophe to base soldier by soldier. All my guards are Adler, as well as all my infantry in greatcoat. It looks now quicker to re-paint these troops with Baccus figures and bases them rather than one after one 100+ figures.

I didn't like so much the thickness of the Baccus bases (still less thick than Adler's), therefore I carved in the plywood of the base some depression to insert the figures in. Cut my thumb twice (band aid) and my palm as well.

Oddly enough, I am really taking my time, step after step for these figures. The real second stage of the work will start with the scenery to be added to the bases.

No comments: