Saturday 29 March 2008

Back into the fray...

The faceless horde...

March is usually a busy time of the year for me at work and this year has been no exception.  Gaming has had to take a back seat to finishing a number of work projects and reports, as the end of the fiscal year here in Japan approaches.

Still, light at the end of the tunnel so I have begun preparing figures for painting, counting kasketts and looking at base sizes.   So far I have eight bases worth of infantry, each base with 32 figures arranged in two lines, each line being two ranks deep. One base is of jagers- these will be in skirmish order.  At some point in the future I'll need to order more- but only when I get the current batch close to completion.  The artillery and command figures are nice; they cry out for the diorama treatment!

Wish me luck- and patience!  These guys are small; but I have to admit then when lined up on my painting desk, the effect en masse together can be pretty evocative of those old battle prints of the 18th and 19th Century.  I think good terrain and buildings are a must here, so I'll start looking for that granary that Paintingshed mentioned!

No comments: