Saturday 1 March 2008

"Our plans are taking shape, Your Most Worthy Highness..."

The first order of figures from Baccus is on its way, and I have been busily collecting painting details on those units that I will need in order to field Bellegarde's Second Column/ First Korps at Aspern-Essling.

Basically, details are restricted to the colours of the cuffs and the turnbacks. The biggest challenge will be painting all those crests on the helmets- yellow with a black stripe on top. I think that this is one of the features that makes Austrian infantry of the time immediately recognizable.

Once the first troops start trickling into the depots, and are undercoated and placed on bottle caps for painting, I will have a better chance to see what I have actually let myself in for! I must admit I am pretty excited about actually getting the project up and going.

Here follows a list of those regiments that will be represented in GdK Bellegarde's 1st Korps. Should all go well, in the future I will be adding some grenadiers as well as cavalry-both hussars and kurassiers- all from Lichtenstein's Reserve Korps.

Fresnel's Division
  • Vincent Chevauxlegers
  • Klenau Chevauxlegers
  • 2nd Jaegers
  • IR 10 (Anton Mittrowsky)
Vogelsang's Division
  • IR 17 (Reuss-Plauen)
  • IR 36 (Kollowrat)
Ulm's Division
  • IR 11 (Erzherzog Rainer)
  • IR 47 (Vogelsang)
Nostitz' Division
  • IR 35 (Argenteau)
  • IR 42 (Erbach)
I have also begun thinking about how I am going to base them, and about starting on terrain. I really want to do that granary!


1 comment:

Steve said...

Get the model granary

Details, and my painted one:

http://paintingshed.blogspot.com/2008/02/granary.html

looking forward to seeing some painted troops on your site!

cheers
Steve